Burham Churches

Burham Village Churches

St Mary’s Church, Burham

The medieval church of St Mary is now redundant and stands on the riverbank close to the old river Medway crossing, it dates back to the 1200’s. The original village was sited around Old St Mary’s Church close to the river crossing to Snodland.  It is usually open during the day. Occasional services are held there and advertised in the Parish Magazine which is attached to this website.  This now redundant church is maintained by the Churches Conservation Trust (formerly known as the Redundant Churches Trust) having been saved from dereliction by the Friends of Friendless Churches in the 1950s. With the development of the chalk pits, which supplied the raw materials for the extensive cement works (now long since closed), the present village was developed in the mid nineteenth century. More information

  Link to Facebook page.

Burham Methodist Church

“The Church In Burham” Church St, Burham.
Details of Services are on the Church notice board and Old School Community Centre notice board.  Up to date details about the services, events, the Minister and contact details can also be found in the Burham & Wouldham Parish Magazine which is available to view on the website.

More information

All Saints Church, Wouldham

The Parish Church is All Saints Church in Wouldham. Burham is part of the Burham & Wouldham Parish in the Diocese of Rochester. The Church, of Saxon origin, is situated at the end of the High Street and on the bank of the Medway.

Up to date information about the Services, events, how to contact the Rector, Church Wardens, other church members and how to get access to the Church are in the Burham & Wouldham Parish Magazine which is available to view on the website. Some Services are also held in the Old School Community Centre, Burham and at St Mary’s Church in Burham.

More information